Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Solid Waste Processing Operations, Chicago, IL
Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Solid Waste Processing Operations, Chicago, IL, Immediate Start, Career growth, benefits and training provided.
Leadpoint Business Services is currently seeking a Heavy Equipment Mechanic in the Chicago Market. We are looking for a responsible heavy equipment Mechanic to maintain and repair equipment used at a recycling facility during the working shift. The equipment mechanic maintains a variety of equipment used in Solid waste operations to include large and small trucks, heavy equipment, excavator, and forklifts.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to join a growing team and move up quickly.
Benefits of the Heavy Equipment Mechanic
A great expanding organization in the Chicago Market
Multiple Shifts Available
This is a full-time job with reliable pay.
Overtime and incentive pay may be available.
Benefits: health insurance and paid time off.
Youll have opportunities to progress in your career.
Responsibilities of Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Must be able to perform services, diagnostics, part replacement
Must have own tools
Maintains good records
Knows how to use/willing to learn computer tracking software
Maintains a clean work environment
Able to read electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic schematics
Identify problems and come up with viable solutions
Has knowledge of Caterpillar, Komatsu, John Deere parts and systems
Work in a team environment
Must have a clean drivers license
Full-time position with overtime opportunities
Requirements of the Heavy Equipment Mechanic
ASE certifications are a plus
Ability to perform physical requirements of the job
Repetitive lifting, pushing, pulling and climbing
Ability to drive truck with a manual transmission
Ability to work in all weather conditions
Needs excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
Good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
Previous CDL truck driving experience preferred
Waste industry experience, a plus
Completion of college or vocational or technical training
Experience with routine maintenance operations is required
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
Works under moderate supervision
Requires lifting to 50-75 pounds, pushing, pulling, and bending
Physical ability to lift to 50 pounds
A valid Driver licenses
A valid CDL driver license is a plus
Must be 21 years of age, or older
A GED or high school diploma is required
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Leadpoint Business Services
Since 2000, Leadpoint has been helping waste and recycling companies become more efficient. That work starts with our employees - people like you. We hire, train, and put hundreds of people to work at our customers businesses every year. Then, we work with you to help you perform at your best.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity, and the level of work performed by employees assigned to this position, and it must not be interpreted as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, rights and / or skills required. Do not prescribe or restrict the work that can be assigned. In addition, this does not establish a contract of employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
- First Name*
- Last Name*
- State*Select A State *AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyomingArmed Forces AmericasArmed Forces EuropeArmed Forces Pacific
- Home Phone*
- Cell Phone*
- What Position are you interested in*Please select the Job Title you are most interested in.ManagementAdministrativeCorporate Office
- Are you currently employed?*
- If you were offered a job today that meets all your employment criteria, when could you start?**
- Are you eligible to work in the United States?*
- How did you hear about Leadpoint?*
- List relevant experience and any skills:
- Select your location interest*Not ListedAlbany, NYAppleton, WIAtlanta, GAAustin, TXBangor, MEBirmingham, ALBoise, IDBoston, MAChesapeake, VAChester, VAChicago-South Suburbs, ILCincinnati, OHCity of Corpus Christi, TXClackamas, ORCleveland, OHColorado Springs, CODenver, CODetroit, MIFort Worth, TXGrand Rapids, MIHartford, CTHouston, TXIndianapolis, INJackson, MSJacksonville, FLLas Vegas, NVLewiston, MEMadison, WIMcKinney, TXMiami, FLMillville, NJMilpitas, CAMinneapolis, MNMontgomery, ALNew Boston, MINew Orleans, LANew York, NYNorfolk, VANorth Phoenix, AZOberlin, OHOklahoma City, OKPensacola, FLPhiladelphia, PAPhoenix, AZPittsburgh, PAPlano, TXPortland, ORRichmond, VASalt Lake City, UTSan Antonio, TXSan Diego, CASan Jose, CASanta Barbara, CAScottsdale, AZSeattle, WASouth Bend, INSouthfield, MISpokane, WASt Lucie, FLSt Petersburg, FLTacoma, WATallahassee, FLTempe, AZTroy, MIVancouver, WA
- Upload ResumeOptional: Please feel free to upload a resume for review by our recruiting team.